Nora loved her brother long before he ever exited the womb. She waited for him with mounting excitement as the time grew nearer. Nora informed us that while mommy had a boy in her tummy, she had a little girl in hers (who was born about 2 weeks before Eli arrived - no hospital necessary.) She has been putting her dolls and stuffed toys down for naps, shushing us as they sleep, and changing their diapers (or nappies, as she calls them) for months.
When Eli finally arrived and she met him in the hospital room, she ran/hopped around in excited circles for several minutes. (Sadly, we have no video of that.) She wants to be there for his every diaper change and feeding. She always wants to hold him. We've been trying to teach her to look for clues (like rooting, a full diaper, yawning, etc.) to figure out what he needs. Her favorite solution is the pacifier and any time she wants to give it to him she says, "I think he's just cluesing." We also regularly hear, "Daddy [or Mommy], will you put little brother down so I can stroke his soft hair?" It's pretty cute. I'm sure when he figures out what's going on he'll like it too.
Eli and his new bed-mates, courtesy of his sister.
Nora and her babies. Quiet please, they're sleeping.
A happy girl and her brother
Having such a good big sister can be exhausting.
Finally, a little video where Nora can tell you about her brother in her own words. You're welcome.
oh man, watching the sibling relationship develop has been my favorite part of having 2. Nora is doing awesome! What a great big sister. Cute kids you guys make. :)
Remember that conversation we had the other day "things you never thought you would say?" I love that your first response is "what color is his poop." When Ben, clearly thought "weird. that is a little gross."
Jessye, I didn't think it was weird. I asked her those questions with the hope that she might talk about his poop. I'm just glad I didn't have to prompt her too much.
oh man, watching the sibling relationship develop has been my favorite part of having 2. Nora is doing awesome! What a great big sister. Cute kids you guys make. :)
ReplyDeleteawwww :D so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThat is something else! We all enjoyed it thoroughly - including Hazel. She's still talking to the computer screen now. How I wish we could be there!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful big sister! They just seem great together! And with Nora around you'll never forget what color poop Eli has. :)
ReplyDeleteRemember that conversation we had the other day "things you never thought you would say?" I love that your first response is "what color is his poop." When Ben, clearly thought "weird. that is a little gross."
ReplyDeleteJessye,
ReplyDeleteI didn't think it was weird. I asked her those questions with the hope that she might talk about his poop. I'm just glad I didn't have to prompt her too much.