Monday, October 8, 2012

9 Months!

This is a big milestone for me.  Eli has now been ex-utero just as long as he was in-utero.  Amazing.

And while it feels like these last 9 months have FLOWN by, the aches and pains of carrying a big baby in my belly seem eons away.  In fact, I can hardly remember them.  Dangerous ground, this is.








In other news...

- Two little white buds are breaking through Eli's pink and swollen lower gums.

- During this photo shoot, for the first time (except that once which doesn't really count), of his own accord and initiative, Eli rolled over!  Woohoo!  (Not that we were worried in the slightest.)

- Today marked the official first day of Michaelmas Term at Oxford and more than likely this is our last fall in Oxford.  It's bittersweet for me.  Bitter because it will be sad to leave this city we have learned to call home and all the dear friends we have made here.  And although sweet may seem a strange way to talk about it (since we have ZERO idea where we will be next fall) the sweetness lies not in the fact that we know where we'll be but in that we know God is with us and leading us, wherever we may go.
We have a busy term ahead full of lots of good things and lots of hard work but I'm determined to enjoy it all.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let's rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

9 comments:

  1. toooooo cute. miss you guys
    love, mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is a cutie cute cuteness! I love your comment...."dangerous ground, this is." I am relating to that feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you all, and watching the kiddos grow! How delightful si your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello little Ben! Oh man he looks so much like Ben to me in these pictures! Sweet little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things: (1) OMYGOODNESS THIS KID IS SO CUTE, and (2) there are a lot of good schools out here in the Northeast that need good New Testament scholars. I'm just sayin'. Oh and (3) "dangerous ground"? Bring. It. On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) I humbly agree.
      2) Oh really? Please send us info on anyone you hear is hiring!
      3) Not quite sure what you're getting at here. : )

      Delete
  6. Well I must say that he is one cute little boy and that smile tells me he may just have some mischief in him :) Which may or may not be inherited.

    We are a bit saddened that this may be your last fall in Oxford but we are pulling for you to find work in the USA , hopefully on the west coast and as long as we are putting in orders, in the NW please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HIS EYES! HIS NOSE! This GUY. OMG. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This child looks suspiciously familiar. Jim's warning about genetic mischief may be well placed. As a nurse once told me, "If this kid gets mobile, you're in trouble!"

    ReplyDelete