You wouldn't know it from our recent blog posts but we occasionally do things other than take pictures of Eli. And we occasionally take pictures of those other things too. In fact, life is so full these days that it seems I don't have enough time to write blog posts about it. It's a bit overwhelming to even think about it actually.
But somehow these monthly photo posts of our growing boy seem manageable to me (if barely). And so, for those of you who want more than the boy-on-quilt over and over and over again, bear with me. Perhaps the start of term and the routine of fall will bring with it more varied blog posts and a better sampling of the rest of our lives.
But perhaps not. And I've decided I'm not going to feel guilty about it. Call it motherly pride and affection or whatever but I kinda feel like the world should be writing me a big old thank you note for sharing this cuteness with them.
But I realize, the rest of the world is busy too.
So I'm just going to assume that if they had the time, my inbox would be flooded with thank you notes. And for that I want to officially say, "You're welcome."
I cannot stress enough what a content little boy he is. This is a huge blessing 99% of the time. Because of his contentment, he is yet to roll over. That's right. 8 months old and he does not go from back to front (or vice versa). He probably could but he doesn't. Does not even try. He sits well (as you've seen) but we have to put him in that position. He can't get himself into a sitting position yet. So when we need to set him down we can either lay him down or sit him up and we do our best to guess which he would prefer.
This is the face we get when we guess wrong.











I love the shirt! What a precious little guy. I just want to give him a big hug! Oh my, can't wait to see you all again! Love to all, and give both Nora and Eli a hug from both of us :)
ReplyDeleteAnd
ReplyDeleteHe won't need to talk till Nora has to go to school! Dad
ROFLOL Oh my goodness....that's awesome. I thought Sophia was content ... but now not so much. Seriously though, that's awesome. And I miss you.
ReplyDeleteMom and I woke up to this cuteness today. MOD!
ReplyDeleteThat boy is oh-my-goodness-oh-so-darn-cute-I-can't-stand-it! And I LOVE that he's just so chill he doesn't even care to roll over. I'm pretty sure none of my children will ever be/could ever be that chill in about a million years. Lucky you ;-) May you have many more mild-mannered good sleepers!
ReplyDeleteThis is priceless! Especially that last picture!!
ReplyDelete