Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving to Advent

Last night we hosted a Thanksgiving Potluck for a bunch of ex-pats like us.  It was so fun to have a house full of people and lots of little kids running around (or 'yunning' around - as Nora would say).  Everyone brought delicious food to share and most left the extras with us which means we'll be eating well all week!  I didn't get any pics of the whole group of us... I doubt we all would have fit into the frame anyhow!


__________________________________________________________


This morning was the first Sunday of Advent and, after such a big day yesterday, we slept in.  Ben made pancakes to a soundtrack of Christmas tunes and then I couldn't wait any longer.  It was time to set up the tree.  
Nora laid down to get a better look at the lights.
Then I told her she could actually touch the lights (until we put them on the tree.)


Here she is handing them to us.  What a helper!

Tada!

I also made an advent wreath (and Nora tried really hard to sit through our readings.)

Mostly she just wanted to hold the Bible.
I love this season!

1 comment: