Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

So, we gave you all a rather dismal update yesterday. Thanks to all of you who sent supportive emails, text messages, phone calls, etc. Thanks also to all of you who prayed for our visa situation. After all the downer news and incredible stress, somehow–and I can assure you, we are still shocked about this and have no explanation other than that God is in control–our visas were issued today and should arrive at our house tomorrow (Thursday the 17th)! This means that we can still arrive in Oxford well before the term begins!

To say that we are excited is a vast understatement. Deanna and Nora and I will be in Oxford by the end of the week next week! It is surreal and overwhelming to say the least. We still have an incredible amount of stuff to get ready before we head out (like getting luggage!). And, in the mean time, Nora is working hard at cutting her first tooth - poor girl. (We are praying that it comes before we get on the plane for the long flight over the Atlantic.)

Well, we're off to do some more prep!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and by the way. We accepted an offer on our car tonight. Tomorrow we'll sign it over. Well done, God. You are so much bigger than my little problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK GOD!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! Wow, this is truly the move of God on your behalf! He listens! Woohoo! Thanks for keeping us up to date. Now I'll be praying for your last few days in the states as your prep every thing and tackle tons of details. I'll pray Nora's tooth comes in quickly. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! What wonderful news! Lucas and I have been praying for you so much during this crazy time and we almost couldn't believe the good news!

    ReplyDelete