We had a lot of fun with Valentine's Day this year. Nora is finally old enough to anticipate and appreciate holidays and we're having fun making memories with her!
Last Friday a friend of ours threw a lovely little Mother/Daughter Valentine's Tea. The little girls made post boxes by decorating empty tissue boxes with heart stickers, paper doilies, ribbon, paper, etc. and then 'posted' Valentines that they had brought with them to each other. Genius idea! Most of the little girls were just old enough to find the whole thing very exciting. This is the Valentine that we brought to give to the other little girls. (Sorry the light stinks - it's much cuter in person! And no, Nora does not have red hair.)
I couldn't help but throw a little something together for the Mums too after I saw these hand-sewn Valentine tea bags on a blog I often visit. I decided to design my own and sewed them up the night before the tea.
We had a lovely lunch there and a great time with friends!
On Sunday we made cookies with Grandma Edsall. I tend to be a cookie decorating perfectionist - but I curbed my compulsion to 'help' Nora and instead let her go with pretty much all the frosting and sprinkles her little heart desired. She had a great time and made special, personalized cookies for Grandma, Daddy and me. Talk about sugar overload!
You may also note that she did her own hair that day... with 4 randomly scattered hair clips. What can I say? She's a trendsetter!
Valentine's Day itself started sadly. In the morning we said goodbye to Grandma who had to catch her flight back home. Nora is missing all her cuddles and undivided attention and is anxious for her to come back.
But the day improved. Grandma left us stocked with delicious chocolates, I managed to turn out a decent dinner (which we ate by candlelight - Nora's request), Ben brought home flowers for his sweethearts (Tulips - my absolute favorite! Red for me, yellow for Nora.), and we all exchanged Valentines. It was all pretty much lost on Eli who slept through it all. Oh well. Maybe next year...





I will be the first to comment. It was fun being with you all! I loved every moment. Sharing part of the valentines with you and seeing your creative genius at work is inspiring Deanna! You know how to make a house a home. Love you all, and miss you already. Love, Grandma/Mom
ReplyDeleteSUCH a cute valentine!
ReplyDeleteThat Valentine's card is way too cute, and if Norw decorated the cookies in the photo she did a pretty good job :)
ReplyDelete