In England, Mother's Day (or "Mothering Sunday" as they call it here) is in March. Weird, I know. But, when in Rome...
Ben made me a delicious breakfast before we walked to church yesterday morning. It was a beautiful day out and although I'm not sure he can reasonably take credit for the sunshine, he claims that he made that happen just for me! ( : The sky was the most amazing shade of blue. I'm afraid the picture doesn't do it justice.
He also surprised me with some amazing hand-made chocolates from this lovely little French patisserie down the road.
De - light - ful.

Plus he got me a design-your-own travel mug. My old travel mug had been leaking on me ever since it cracked when I dropped it about 6 weeks ago. (Smarter people than me would have just bought a new one back then.) It was really thoughtful of him. He knows I've been really missing all my craft supplies and the opportunity to get those creative/crafty juices flowing. You may have noticed that too as I've been taking it out on the blog lately. Also, he knows that I don't really enjoy wearing my hot chocolate.
Best of all, Ben wrote me a letter in our book. We keep this lovely leather-bound book to write to each other in... sometimes for a special occasion like Mother's Day or a birthday, sometimes to tell each other our hopes, frustrations, dreams, or fears about the future. We secretly write a note and then leave it somewhere where the other will find it. It's so much better than a greeting card.
After a day like that, I'm hoping we get to celebrate American Mother's Day too!!
Hip-hip-hurray for you Deanna! You are such a lovely mother and Nora is so blessed to have you! So glad Ben celebrated the day so well with you. The idea of writing love notes in the leather journal is just about the most romantic thing I've ever heard. And I'm dying to taste some of those chocolates. Only like 7 more weeks until you get to celebrate it again! Cheers to you! (I'm trying to be very English-like).
ReplyDelete