Monday, October 26, 2009

10 Months

Today marks 10 months for Nora. She is steadily becoming a toddler rather than a baby which is both fun and frightening. But isn't she cute??
Since we've come to Oxford, she now waves, claps, has sprouted teeth and army crawls all over the place. (If you look closely at the picture below, you can see those pearly-whites!)

This afternoon was beautiful so the three of us took a walk to our local library branch which has a small sculpture garden behind it. Nora especially liked the otter. It was just her size!
Then we stopped by Starbucks for a quick latte. Can you believe they don't have pumpkin spice lattes here?!?! A travesty - to be sure!!! I hope they'll have egg nog lattes but I'm not holding my breath.

Two Saturdays ago (the 17th) Ben "matriculated". Don't worry he's okay... it's not a disease. It's a ceremony at Oxford where you officially become a member of the University. This used to be an exam - in Latin - and if you didn't pass, you were not admitted. But now, it's just a short ceremony that everyone has to get all dressed up for. Ben looked so sharp. A nice lady on the street offered to take a family photo.
Afterward we went to lunch to celebrate at a restaurant called Jamie's Italian. It's one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants of whom we have both been fans for several years now. The food (although a bit pricey for our meager budget) was delicious.
For those of you wondering, mom is out of the hospital (without surgery - I misunderstood that part) and will be on meds for the next few months as her heart heals. Grandma's memorial service is tomorrow. We would still appreciate your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE Nora's little hat in that first picture!!! Also I love that she's making friends with stone otters ... I think she's going to be a writer some day! :) I miss you guys!! Keep the pictures and stories coming! It makes my day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pictures especially that first one of Nora! So glad you're settling in and we will definitely continue to pray for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when marlee saw this blogpost she was so excited she really clapped (with sound) for the first time! we miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on your Mom and yes, your daughter is gorgeous! I'm just so tickled for you guys to be able to do this little side trip as a family. Excited to see where God places you to minister later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first picture of Nora is BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad you are enjoying your time there. And congratulations, Ben, on your matriculation.

    If I could send you a pumpkin spice latte in the mail, Deanna, I so would :)

    ReplyDelete